©Peter Smith [Version 1/10/12]
The Classic Liver FlushFrom modern science we know that some of the stones released with this method are not real gall stones but are made of the saponified oil you drank. However people have been using this method for years to improve their health. You definitely can release gallstones with this method, and significantly improve both liver and overall health.
To do this procedure you’ll need a few days free from work so you can rest.
You will also need :-
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed organic lemon juice mixed with 1/2 cup fresh squeezed organic grapefruit juice
- 3/4 cup organic, cold pressed, virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbs Epsom Salts mixed into 3 cups of water.
Procedure:1. Ideally fast for 1-3 days on organic apple juice and water only. Use 1-1½ litres of juice per day on the fast and as much water as you want, at least 1 litre. You could eat sticks of celery on this fast if you want. If you cannot take the time off work eat only vegetables, brown rice and mung beans (spices are allowed but no fats) for a several days while still working along with a litre of organic apple juice per day, (for full instructions on how to fast see Lymphatic cleansing
See the internet for recipes with mung beans. Then on Saturday fast on apple juice and water during the day and do the liver flush during the night.
Note on this fast you do not use any oil at all. If you eat any fats or oils bile will be released from the gallbladder, and we want the gallbladder to fill up with bile and make some pressure.
2. On the day of the flush mix up your ingredients late afternoon and store in the fridge to make them easier to consume.
3. 6 p. m. drink ¾ cup epsom salts.
4. 8 p. m. drink ¾ cup epsom salts.
5. 10 p.m. drink the olive oil mix. Immediately go to bed and lie on your right side relaxing for at least an hour. You can then sleep as normal.
6. Early next morning drink ¾ cup epsom salts, and another ¾ cup 2 hours later. Go to the bathroom as needed.
7. Keep well hydrated by drinking plenty apple juice, water or green tea.
8. Break the fast with salads, lightly steamed vegetable brown rice and lentils.
9. The next day eat normally but healthily, avoiding fried and processed foods completely. Avoid alcohol for a week, thereafter keep to your units or even less!
Apple juice is high in malic acid, it is used act as a solvent to weaken adhesions and soften solid globules. Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate) are used because it relaxes smooth muscle and will relax the bile duct to enable larger solid particles (like gallstones) to exit the gallbladder. The oil is used to stimulate the gallbladder and bile duct to contract and expel gallstones.
Alternative Liver Flush MethodEat healthy vegetarian food and no alcohol for at least a week before and after the flush. Vegetable and lentil soups, are especially recommended. Have absolutely no fried foods sugar or processed foods.
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp finely chopped ginger
- ½ tsp crushed garlic
- Whisk all the ingredient together. Chill the concoction in the refrigerator until its cold enough to make the taste more palatable.
- Drink the whole thing down before bedtime. Lying still on the right side as you fall asleep.
- Do this for three consecutive nights, and you will feel your energy come back.
My Powerful Liver Detox Especially for Fatty LiverI use this technique when faced with an intractable toxic liver. The liver has a tremendous capacity for self-repair however it can sometimes failed to repair itself unless it is given a very powerful kick start to initiate the healing process.
I have successfully used this technique to reverse potentially fatal degenerating fatty liver.
- Perform a three day fast for full instructions on how to fast see below.
- Then either using olive leaf extract or milk thistle do the intensive liver cleanse below. Use standardised herbs. On day one take the quantities recommended on the label. The next day increase dosage so for example if you took one twice a day the next day you would take one three times per day. The next day you would take two 3 times a day, then three 3 times a day, then four 3 times a day, and so on.
- You continue increasing like this until you experience intense nausea or a bilious attack. This may happen during the day soon after taking the supplements, or may happen in the middle of the night.
- At this point you have kick started a strong liver detoxify, you now pull back the dosage to half what you’re taking and continue at this lower dose for about a week. You then stop taking the herbs by reducing the dose over three days. The final part is to let the liver rest, repair and restore itself over the next month, eat organic food, lots of vegetables and little or no red meat, no sugar, no alcohol etc.
FastingFasting is a fantastic way to detoxify the whole body.
General Principals of FastingIt used to be recommended fasting on juices, fruit juices such as apple juice were considered cleansing and vegetable juices from carrot or beetroot were recommended because they contain a lot of potassium which is alkalising to the body however we now know this is not a healthy practice. When you separate the liquid from the fibre in fruit and starchy root vegetables the resulting juice releases sugars into the bloodstream far too quickly which causes our blood sugar to rise very unhealthy levels; fruit and root vegetable juices are unhealthy.
Today I recommend fasting on just water and the few pieces of fruit or smoothies made from liquidised non-starchy vegetables such as broccoli, kale, spinach et al.
An interesting alternative is to fast on what is called “potassium broth”. Take ¼ inch of outer peelings of potatoes (including the skin), fresh parsley, un-peeled carrots, beet greens, onions, garlic and any other organically grown vegetables on hand. Prepare broth by washing and copping the vegetables, and then simmering in a large pot of water for 30-40 mins. Strain and save the vegetables. On the first day consume only the resulting broth. On the second day prepare a little more and consume both the broth and all the vegetables. On the third day eat only rice and steamed vegetables. On the fourth day return to normal eating. I have tried this and found it very difficult because the taste and smells of the broth made me very hungry. The only reason I can see to chose this method would be for someone with high blood pressure and significant blood sugar control issues like insulin resistance. The potassium is beneficial for hypertension, you can get potassium form carrot juice but carrot juice may contain to much sugar and have an undesirable glycemic load.
Classically one does an odd number of days i.e. 1,3,5, etc. Obviously nothing ‘bad’ happens if you do an even number of days but it does make some sense from experience.
On the first day one can feel weak and tired, this lessens on the second day and by the third day ones blood sugar and energy stabilises and one usually feels good. So if you do more than one day it is worth going to 3 days. The forth day is like the third but on the fifth day the body goes into a different mode and starts to break down more fat tissue and you release different toxins. So if you do more than 3 days you might as well do 5 or 6 days.
There are some great stories of people curing themselves of chronic diseases on long fasts, I have no experience of longer fasts, and think you should know what you are doing or seek advice if you go over 7 days.
You can use fasting as a one off occasional thing especially whenever you have swollen lymph glands, for which it is very effective, typically brining them down within 3 days. Or you can use fasting regularly as part of a long-term treatment program. One day a week is good or my personal recommendation is a 3-day fast once every 3 weeks or once a month. For damaged/fatty liver you will need to perform multiple fasts followed by herbal detoxes.
How to FastYou should drink at least 2 to 3 L of fluids when you fast. If you are using vegetable smoothies must swish each mouthful with saliva to mix it with the digestive salivary amylase enzyme before you swallow.
Without new food entering and passing through the intestines there is nothing to push the last few meals you ate through the intestines; consequently some residue from the last few meals you ate will remain in the large intestine when you stop eating solid foods. This residue will quickly begin to putrefy and released toxins into your system and to prevent this you will need to force the bowels to evacuate for the first two or three days on a fast with either some form of laxative or an enema.
As a herbal laxative I recommend using a product called Lower Bowel Formula by Christopher’s original formulas in the liquid form not capsules.
Alternatively give yourself a green tea enema.
Throughout the day some toxins will accumulate in the gall bladder along with the bile. In order for the gall bladder to contract and discharge the bile and toxins you must have some oil passing through the intestines. To facilitate this process consume to desert spoons of either olive oil, flaxseed oil, hemp seed oil or Udos’ choice oil mixed in with the juice of half a lemon. You could do this in the afternoon and then take a siesta.
What you do on the day you break the fast will make or break the success of the detox. It can be very difficult and require a lot of discipline to not scoff down lots of food once you start eating. Personally I find my taste buds get so excited by the new flavours they urged me to eat everything in sight. Don’t do it, you can negate everything you’ve just achieved. So for breakfast have fruit, some plain yoghurt and a few well-chewed nuts if you wish. For lunch have a vegetarian meal of the either vegetable soup or salad including some beans or lentils, but no carbohydrates at this point. For dinner you can have a full vegetarian meal, including beans, vegetables and low GI grains or small potatoes. Eat slowly, eat consciously (look at you food and think about it while you during it) enjoy it.
The next day you may normally, but healthfully of course!
During a fast you would not take supplements, although you could add vitamin C to the juice has an option. I recommend that you spend several months improving your diet and taking supplements especially magnesium and zinc prior to fasting, so that you do not commence a fast from a vitamin and mineral depleted state.